I'm Colombian. I came to Poland in August 2017 on a visa exemption for the Schengen zone, but I started to work and my employers sent the request for a working permit in November (two days before the expiration of my Schengen period). I received my working permit in December and now I'm waiting for my residency permit, which I've been told can take between 7 months to 1 year to arrive.
My contract finishes in June and my residency was requested up to July 12, 2018. I have several questions regarding my situation.
- If, by the time my contract finishes, I haven't received my residence, will I have problems at the moment of taking an airplane back home?
- n case my residence arrives before July 12th, can I stay after that time with the same visa exemption (I’ve read this Schengen exemption reactivates after 6 months immediately after the end of the 90 days allowed for Schengen zone)?
- If my residency doesn't arrive before July, is there a way to reactivate my Schengen exemption without going back to my own country?
- August 2017 - Arrival to Poland (no visa).
- Stayed for 88 days.
- November 2017 - Request for a working permit.
- December - I received my working permit.
- June 2018 - End of contract.
- July 2018 - End of time residency.