That is the question, and allow me to share:

  1. Recently married; we have a marriage certificate.
  2. She has a valid Bangladeshi passport.
  3. I have a valid Indian passport and I went to France once for 2 months.

I will get 2,000 euro per month in France. I hope that is sufficient for the two of us. I will be PhD student for 3 years there.

  • 1
    Yes why not. Apply for the appropriate visas and if you fulfil all the conditions there is no reason you can’t. Feb 1, 2018 at 11:08
  • This question is not about travel, as intended in this site (tourism). You should ask to ex-pat, and eventually to your university.
    – Giacomo Catenazzi
    Feb 1, 2018 at 11:09
  • What visa are you on in India?
    – greatone
    Feb 1, 2018 at 17:27
  • 1
    My wife is now in India on her tourist visa, I am Indian, why would I need a visa to stay in India?
    – Marso
    Feb 2, 2018 at 6:53

1 Answer 1


It doesn't matter which country you both are from as long as you satisfy the visa requirements to move to France. Of course, your visa application should be a student visa with you as the primary applicant. I don't think there are any special forms you need to submit since your wife is from Bangladesh.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.