What visa for for a non-EEA sole trader? Is it Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa?

If so, do you need at least £50,000 investment funds when you apply for the visa or can you earn it afterwards and show them?

1 Answer 1


An entrepreneur can be a sole trader, but you must have access to investment funds before you apply. You cannot come to the UK to work to earn the funds.

You must also be able to support yourself so in addition to at least £50,000 investment funds you will need more money to pay for your living costs like food and accommodation.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.