My father is a US citizen, my mother is a Rwandese refugee. My father abandoned us. Where can I get help to oblige my father to take responsibility for me? I'm 12 years old and can't get school fees.

  • 3
    Are you and your mother presently in the USA or are you living elsewhere? – brhans Feb 19 '18 at 15:31
  • I think you are outside the USA since you mention needing school fees and public school is free in the USA. Are there any legal or refugee support services near you? Also, do you know if your father has a job? He won't be able to support you if he does not have one. – user16259 Feb 19 '18 at 17:38
  • you have to prove that the guy is your father first. Is your mom and dad married? Do they have a marriage certificate? Do you have a birth certificate with the name of your father mentioned? Do you know where your father is currently, i.e do you have his address? – The Last Word Feb 19 '18 at 18:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.