I’m currently studying Japanese in Japan. My current visa is going to expire on 31st March. I will change my visa status from a student visa to a temporary visit visa, and I will get married with my Japanese girlfriend. I want to know if it's possible to change a temporary visit visa to a spouse visa, and if so, how to do this.

  • 3
  • 1
    However, this question is about how to switch specifically to a spouse visa, and the other question is how to switch from a tourist visa to anything else. Not exactly the same
    – Scott Earle
    Mar 27, 2018 at 4:53
  • 1
    I don't know, but for the benefit of anyone else reading this, it's probably a lot easier to go directly from the student to spouse status and avoid the grey area of temporary visitor. It's been a few months anyway, how did it work out? Sep 21, 2018 at 0:45
  • Also wondering how this worked out
    – briantist
    Jun 8, 2019 at 16:05


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.