Can I have two different student visas with two different EU countries (Austria and Germany) at the same time?

I meant, studying in 2 different countries, 2 different courses, for longer, like 1 year. If I have already 1 student visa, in one country, is it possible to take 2nd one in the other country, cause I need flat in both of them?!


1 Answer 1


Probably my answer becomes too late, but this is a great question, so:

I would suggest that you do not even need two residence permits, rather you can study in both countries under one residence permit, if you satisfy the specific requirements of the European directive on researchers and students, which allows you to live and study in multiple EU countries while holding a single residence permit.

More info about it (in German):

P.S. I'm not a lawyer.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.