I am a Filipino in Qatar. I lost my passport in Qatar but I need to travel back to Philippines for personal reasons. The Embassy will provide a Travel Document in lieu of the lost passport with police report in Qatar, and an affidavit of loss attached to the travel document. Then, I will process the new passport in the Philippines, as it will only take 10 days maximum unlike in Qatar.

Will I have a problem coming back to Qatar, since in my residence permit has the details of my lost passport and not of my new passport?

  • 1
    You should really be asking this question to the Qatar authorities, not us.
    – Stephan Branczyk
    Apr 15, 2018 at 13:53
  • 3
    You cannot travel to Qatar, unless you can show proof that you are admissible in Qatar; further I do not recommend you travel on your emergency travel document without getting your residency transferred to a new passport. You should ask the Qatar Embassy in Philippines before you travel if they can stamp a visa there for you on your new passport. Otherwise, you may have a hard time getting back to Qatar. Apr 15, 2018 at 14:03
  • @stephanbranczyk this seems to be a valid question for this site. The asker could also ask a state authority, but that's true for many questions on here.
    – user16259
    Apr 15, 2018 at 21:24

1 Answer 1


Did you not ask for a replacement from the Philippine Embassy in Qatar? This seems to be the proper course of action in other countries.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.