An M-2 visa is a US visa for spouses or children of someone on an M-1 visa, which is a type of student visa.

If I am on an M-2 visa, is it possible to work while in the US for a company based in my home country, for clients in my home country?

I won’t be working for a US company. My current employer would continue to employ me.

If this is not possible, is there a specific working visa for a non-US based company?


No. You are not authorized to work while in the US in M-2 status. It doesn't make a difference that you are working remotely and that the company is outside the US -- you would still be physically in the US, and performing work.

No, there is no general visa type for working for a foreign company while in the US.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.