I have been in the UK on a Tier 2 visa since April 2015. How can I pay NHS surcharges for my children who were born in the UK? My children have never travelled outside of the UK, so I haven't applied for visas for them as my dependents.

Next month, I am applying for an extension to my visa. Do I need to apply for their Tier 2 visas as dependent family members, or can I apply after I am granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)?

  • You should investigate what papers they need at the same time that you deal with the NHS requirements. As you can see from the newspapers today in England, it is important to maintain your own and your children's records and immigration status.
    – user16259
    Commented Apr 18, 2018 at 19:20
  • Like your kids could live in the UK for the next 50 years, and then the government decides that some statistics need cleaning up.
    – gnasher729
    Commented Apr 18, 2018 at 21:00


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.