My German permanent residence permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) is in printing process since officer said it takes 4 -5 weeks.

Now I want to change my job, is there any chance my current employer can ask visa officer to deny my PR ?

  • 1
    When you say your permanent residence permit do you mean that your permit is now "Unbefristet"? You should be good to go, but I would wait until you have card in hand, then you'll feel more secure.
    – JRSofty
    Apr 29, 2018 at 20:38

1 Answer 1


Your permanent residence was granted on the day you were at the "Amt". You should have a paper saying it was granted. This paper should serve as your temporary permanent residency permit until your real one (looks like a German ID, so it's a plastic card with your picture on it and cannot just be printed out with a regular printer at the Amt) is printed.

Your permit was granted. The printing is a formality that nothing can change. Your papers should say so.

Please don't rely on people on the internet. Look at what your papers say. This is a matter of great importance. Do you really need a new job so badly that you would risk your residency over what a stranger said on the internet? You waited 5 years for this, just wait another 4 weeks to be sure.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.