I am from India and I have visa D (long term visa) which will expire in September 2018.

I want to bring my spouse to Austria on a dependent visa. Can I bring her here for more than 90 days? What is the procedure?


1 Answer 1


VISA D has 3 sub categories. Non of which makes you eligible to get your spouse in Austria. However she can always apply on her own individual criteria to make a tour of Austria.

But, If you are planning to get a resident permit in Austria, then your spouse is eligible to join you under family re-unification visa.

  • Ohh.. so she can apply for 3 months visa which is a type of Visa C? I don't think I can apply for the resident permit so I think only one option available for us.
    – Nitish
    Apr 27, 2018 at 9:21
  • Yes she can get the C VISA if all the conditions are met. You will get all the details (including visa form) in the following website. vfs-austria.co.in
    – hsg
    Apr 27, 2018 at 12:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.