The Advanced Masters course is for a duration of one year. My current job, based out of India, allows me the flexibility of working remotely so I will not be looking for employment within France.

If there is no provision for a dependent visa, then what other options do I have?

Can I travel on a tourist visa and continue to work remotely for my employer in India?

Would appreciate if I can get specific information w.r.t France. Thanks.

  • On a tourist visa, you can spend no more than 90 days in every 180-day period in the Schengen area. I suspect that this isn't enough time for you.
    – phoog
    May 8 '18 at 16:31
  • 1
    Note that although you work remotely, you will actually be working in France (in the eye of the french law). So you need a status with work permit.
    – audionuma
    May 8 '18 at 17:00
  • 2
    There are dependent visas for student visas, which generally do not allow for work. Dependent visas for scientists do allow for work (this is the visa she'd get for a PhD but not a Masters). Generally the dependent visa will be predicated upon her ability to support herself + you. So this may be difficult. You would have to be set up as an auto-entrepreneur to work in France, though I'm not sure how that works with working remotely. May 8 '18 at 18:48
  • Some info here expatriates.stackexchange.com/questions/12258/…
    – audionuma
    May 9 '18 at 14:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.