I have been offered a job in Germany and I have received the employment contract as well. I am a software engineer and I have the complete transcript with a stamp which states degree completed.

Would this suffice as a proof of my education or do I need the actual degree? Because applying for a formal degree takes more than 2 months and I don't have that much time.

  • This is not a travel question. Ask your future employer what they would accept.
    – InsanityRules
    May 9, 2018 at 5:06
  • 1
    @InsanityRules, his employer has already accepted. Now the question is what he needs to get a residence permit. Many countries have points systems where a degree gives points, but Germany goes by salary instead -- if someone pays him €40k or €50k a year, he must be highly qualified..
    – o.m.
    May 9, 2018 at 5:32
  • 1
    Two questions: a) What nationality / resident are you and b) does "job" mean "employment" or "contract work"?
    – TorstenS
    May 9, 2018 at 13:15

1 Answer 1


Ask on Expatriates Stack Exchange.

But summarized, Germany offers Blue Card work visa to highly skilled workers, and that is defined by earning enough money.

  • If it will be not enough money for getting Blue Card, then one should apply for regular residence permit for working purposes. May 24, 2018 at 11:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.