My husband has a 3-year resident permit in Germany and with his passport he can enter any Schengen country. Can he enter Croatia with his passport?

  • Croatia makes this dependent on your husband's nationality, not dependent on immigration status in the Schengen zone.
    – Janka
    May 15, 2018 at 12:36
  • @Janka actually it appears to depend on both.
    – phoog
    May 17, 2018 at 13:58

1 Answer 1


On Ministry Of Foreign and European Affairs of Republic of Croatia's website:


Pursuant to the Government’s Decision, starting with 22 July 2014, the Republic of Croatia applies the Decision No 565/2014/EU. All third-country nationals who are holders of valid Schengen documents, as well as national visas and residence permits of Bulgaria, Cyprus, and Romania do not require an additional (Croatian) visa for Croatia.

So the answer to your question is yes. Your husband can enter Croatia with his passport along with the German residence permit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.