I have a fiancé who is a UK resident and would like to visit me for just over a month. Would he need to get a visa if he is to stay that long?

  • 1
    His residence in the UK is irrelevant (wasn't always the case, but is now). What is his nationality? Are you planning on getting married in the U.S. Are you a U.S. citizen? – ouflak May 18 '18 at 7:17

Yes. The US allows UK citizens to use the “Visa Waiver Program,” but you still need an ESTA before you can travel. You can get a single ESTA if you’re traveling alone, or you can apply as part of a group.

| improve this answer | |
  • The question doesn't say the fiance is a UK citizen. – DJClayworth Jul 26 '18 at 9:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.