I am a permanent resident of Germany with Indian citizenship. I have some problems in India and I have to go back to India. If I stay away longer than 6 months, my German status will be cancelled.

What is the procedure so that I can stay in india and maintain status in Germany. As I may need to back in future, how could I come and live in Germany? Could I buy property in Germany, like a house and register my name there, but still live in India? What if I visited Germany in another year?

I'm looking for a solution so that I don't lose my status.

migrated from travel.stackexchange.com May 29 '18 at 22:43

This question came from our site for road warriors and seasoned travelers.

  • 4
    To avoid ambiguity, can you clarify whether you hold a Niederlassungserlaubnis or an Aufenthaltserlaubnis? – phoog May 30 '18 at 6:29
  • 2
    We also need to know how long you have been in Germany and how old you are. – Janka May 31 '18 at 0:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy