I've got an internship offer from a French company for 6 months and the working language will be English instead of french.

I've learnt that I need to apply for a visa and for that I need a "convention de stage" that needs to be approved by the DIRECCTE.

The company said that it's up to my school to provide the internship agreement. My school provided an Erasmus traineeship agreement which is in English and all parties have signed.

I would like to know if that agreement (in English) can be submitted to the DIRECCTE for approval or it has to be translated into French before.

PS: I'm from Togo(West Africa) but currently studying in Estonia

  • Which country are you a citizen of? Erasmus is usually for EU+EEA+Switzerland, and citizens of those countries don't need a visa to take up an internship in France. – Martin Bonner May 31 '18 at 9:57
  • Your host institution (the French company) would normally the one issuing a convention de stage. So it's a bit weird that they told you otherwise. – la femme cosmique Jun 1 '18 at 10:58
  • Also, since the French immigration system would be analysing it, it would almost certainly need to be in French. Reach out to the Erasmus people, they must have seen this before. – la femme cosmique Jun 1 '18 at 11:00
  • 1
    A bit late, found a template : travail-emploi.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/convention_stage_tripartite.pdf – audionuma Jun 2 '18 at 5:47
  • 2
    When you do a stage in France as a part of an educational cursus, it is usually (if not always) the educational body that edits the convention de stage and submits it to the company involved. That is why the company is expecting your university to provide it. – audionuma Jun 2 '18 at 5:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.