I have recently been accepted for Master in Pure and Applied Logic in University of Barcelona. However, while trying to apply for scholarships I am facing some problems. They are listed below,

  1. While applying for General Grant, I observed that for non-EU students like me I need to satisfy the following requirement (see here), "In the case of being a foreigner with a nationality of a non-EU country, they will be required to have an NIE with a permanent resident status and that they certify that the applicant and / or one of their main supporters of the family unit are workers employed by another person or own during the year prior to the call." So my questions are,

    • How do I get an NIE with a permanent resident status from India before going to Barcelona?

    • Since neither I nor any of my family members have ever gone to Spain, I was wondering whether there is any other way to meet the requirement "that they certify...prior to the call."

  2. While applying for this scholarship, I observed that I need to enter my NIF number in this form. So my questions are,

    • How do I get an NIF from India before going to Barcelona?

N. B.: Please note that this is my first question on this site. If there is anything in the post that should be edited, please let me know in the comments before voting to close or downvoting it.

  • 2
    I don't think you can get it before you have moved (and gotten a permanent address in Spain). – Tomas By Jun 1 '18 at 15:28
  • Additionally, I would guess that you do not actually need it until they are due to start paying you. – Tomas By Jun 1 '18 at 15:30
  • @TomasBy: Sorry but I don't understand your second comment. – user 170039 Jun 1 '18 at 15:33
  • 1
    And for the second one, it seems that it is focused in helping people to "switch" university, but only from one University of the "Vives University Network" to another; the fact that info is only in Catalonian reinforces that impression. Anyway, here is a list of contacts to request additional info: vives.org/serveis/ajuts-drac-a-la-mobilitat-a-la-regio-vives/… – SJuan76 Jun 1 '18 at 15:55
  • 2
    @TomasBy I suspect very strongly that the reason for the requirement is that the scholarship is available only to those who are either citizens of the EU or residents of Spain. If I am right about that, they are asking for the number as evidence that the applicant is qualified to apply for the scholarship, which user 170039 is not. – phoog Jun 2 '18 at 4:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy