I'm a international student (non-EEU) and a scholarship holder obtaining Master's Degree in Germany.

I initially planned to finish my studies in 4 semesters but due to certain circumstances I need one additional semester to finish my studies.

Now, my student visa and scholarship (non-extensible) expires in September 2018 but I would like to finish my studies.

The question is: can part-time job contract be considered as a proof of income for the application of student residence permit extension in Germany?

  • Normally you should probably save enough money in your bank account to prove that you have the money to last another year, etc. – xji Jun 18 '18 at 22:56


A work contract is not considered as proof of financial resources. The rational behind this is: you lose your job - you have no income.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.