I had an interview in Germany 3 months ago and visited on a Schengen visa. To apply for a Schengen visa, I just needed the interview invitation letter with basic other documents, such as the application form, my passport etc. Nothing was complicated in that. Now I got the job offer and received the detailed contract from the company.

I thought that applying for a work permit/visa would be as easy as before, but it looks a little bit confusing. First of all, what visa do I need to apply for? I couldn't find the application form for this type on any website. If I would need to apply for a residence permit, then where should I apply (German embassy in Oman?) and what form do I need to fill? Do I need a verification of my PhD degree? I am currently working in Oman with a Pakistani passport.


1 Answer 1


You need to apply for a German national visa, not a Schengen visa. The German embassy in Oman has all information on their web site: https://maskat.diplo.de/om-en/service/05-VisaEinreise/-/1509632

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.