I am Tunisian, and reside in Tunisia. I do not hold any type of visa or work permit.

I am spending a two-month internship in Germany as part of my Engineering curriculum. Do I need a ZAV document for the visa?

Update: a zav document is a consent letter from the German labor agencency for foreigners to work in Germany

  • What is ZAV document?
    – Ex Patriot
    Commented Jul 2, 2018 at 13:56
  • I updated a description of the document Commented Jul 2, 2018 at 15:43

1 Answer 1


No. ZAV deals with foreigners who are looking for a job in Germany or with Germans who are looking for a job abroad. You are not in any of these two categories. A letter from the company where you'll have your internship must be enough.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.