I am a German citizen who has been living abroad and never had a health insurance in Germany. Until now I lived in a non-European country, so my current health insurance cannot join EHIC.

I am a student in the Netherland, and my question is how can I register to the German health insurance so I will be eligible for EHIC while I am in the Netherlands?

  • 3
    Maybe you should just register for health insurance in the Netherlands, since that is where you actually reside. To get a German EHIC card, I believe you will need a registered residence in Germany. – phoog Jul 25 '18 at 15:05
  • 1
    EHIC is a card. (From your use of the term in this question, I wasn’t sure you are aware of that. In particular, “joining EHIC” makes no sense at all.) – chirlu Jul 25 '18 at 20:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.