I don't have or remember my social security number, which I got in 1979. I want to find my number, since I am in the country with no visa. What can I do?

  • 5
    Which country? Which country are you a citizen of? Did you enter the country legally? Aug 3 '18 at 20:18
  • 2
    Are you hoping that having a social security number will somehow mitigate problems related to your immigration status? It will not.
    – phoog
    Aug 4 '18 at 14:04

I'd recommend you start at this website. You can learn about the process for recovering your SSN. You should also consider visiting your nearest SS office. I don't believe they ask to see a visa before rendering assistance.

Good luck.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.