I’m leaving next week for my study abroad semester but the problem is that I still don’t have my student visa from the embassy of Czech Republic even though it’s after the processing time. The embassy officer has no clue why there’s a delay for my visa and tried to contact the ministry of interior in Prague but they haven’t received any replies back.
I was wondering if it’s a good idea to request the passport to be sent back to me and travel to Prague as a tourist for the beginning of my studies, and then send the passport back to the embassy once my visa has been finalized? I know I won’t be without a passport for a few weeks and I wouldn’t risk trying to travel to another country. I’ll use FEDEX international express both ways, with signature and a tracking number Would love to hear anyone’s suggestion. I just can’t afford to change my flight and pay $275 for the fee and without a set date on when the visa is going to be ready.