I have dual citizenship, Australian and Italian, and I live in Australia. My husband is an Australian citizen and has been offered a job in Italy. It is to work in a movie for about 2 months. I will be traveling with him. My question is regarding the type of work visa he would need and if being married to an Italian citizen makes it easier? I would love to know the process and how long it usually takes. Thank you in advance.

  • For such short-term travel, our sister site about Travel would probably be a better place to get an answer. But posting the same question in multiple sites in the network is discouraged, because people might waste time answering a question that's already been answered. I suggest that you search there to see whether it's already answered, and if not use the "flag" link to request that the moderators migrate this question across. Sep 1, 2018 at 7:03
  • Legally, he doesn't need a work visa if you accompany him to Italy, but practically, it may be easier just to apply for the work visa he would need as any Australian. Will you be in Italy while he is working there?
    – phoog
    Sep 2, 2018 at 23:41
  • Yes, I'll be accompanying him in Italy. Sep 4, 2018 at 0:49


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.