I just received my currently dated SCHUFA credit report, however, my residential address is not current.

My understanding was that when you, as a German resident, open up a bank account, they push an update to SCHUFA with your new address.

I tried calling them, but as I don't speak German, it wasn't really helpful. So, how can I change my address registered with SCHUFA?

1 Answer 1


I've contacted them over email at meineschufa@schufa.de and explained it in English, also I've provided an automated German translation.

They then asked me for my address registration certificate, in German of course. I've provided it over email and after 2 weeks I received a confirmation letter as well as a free report in my postbox confirming that the address has been changed.

I have also changed my legal name during the process.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.