I'm a US citizen intending on marrying my UK citizen fiancé. However, I'm not sure whether my situation will fall under a Marriage Visitor Visit or a Fiancé Visa. I'm still a little new to this but I want to apply for a visitor visa because at the time of marriage, I will have too many investments at home and cannot stay indefinitely in the UK. However, after some time, I would like to immigrate to the UK once everything settles down. Is that possible or is this considered "cheating the system"? I know with a Fiancé, you show intent of settlement but again, I cannot settle immediately. Can someone please help me understand which option is best? Thanks!

1 Answer 1


This is not 'cheating the system' and indeed this is one of the purpose's of a Marriage Visa (it covers a few scenarios). Just demonstrate everything you've stated here clearly and your application should be relatively straightforward.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.