I am a EU citizen. I'm currently living in london and I'm looking to marry my partner who's a non EU citizen and he's living in the UK with his parents and my partner is dependent on his moms visa. But at the same time their visa is on pending. Since I am an EU citizen is there anyway that if I marry him he will be able to stay with me or either apply for EU passport.


He probably won't be able to apply for an EU passport, but that will depend on your country of citizenship. Italy, for example, has an accelerated naturalization procedure for spouses of Italian citizens.

He will, however, be eligible to stay with you in the UK under the EU freedom of movement regime if you are married before the UK leaves the EU, and probably also under the new system that will replace it if you marry afterward. See Settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens and their families for more information.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.