Can I please get clarity why Swedish Immigration would not extend a residency permit while waiting for a residency card? Leaving one without any legal residency documentation for 15 months. I am an EU spouse and have no legal document (permit) to travel within the EU while waiting for the residency card. If I want to leave the country I can only re-enter after 2 months on a visa. How do I appeal this process?

  • Can you clarify what you mean by "EU spouse" please? Do you mean you are a citizen of a non-EU country, and are married to a citizen of a non-Swedish but EU country? (So are you entitled to live in Sweden.) Oct 12, 2018 at 7:27
  • There's always SOLVIT. If you truly are unable to travel within the EU for 15 months then you are not exactly "enjoying a right of freedom of movement." If the linked duplicate does not answer your question, please edit your question to explain why. Thanks, and welcome to the site.
    – phoog
    Oct 12, 2018 at 16:12
  • Please check the possible-duplicate and edit your question to explain why this is a different issue (if it is different). Specifically, one of the answers says the process is required to conclude within 6 months, not 15.
    – einpoklum
    Nov 2, 2018 at 15:19


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.