I am a non-eu citizen and my girlfriend is an eu citizen. We both came to Sweden last month and now we are planning to get married in Sweden. How do I get a resident permit? We already got the marriage license from the tax office. I am illegal in Sweden; can I apply for the resident permit?

migrated from law.stackexchange.com Oct 15 '18 at 14:47

This question came from our site for legal professionals, students, and others with experience or interest in law.

  • Once you are married, your presence in Sweden should be unambiguously legal under the freedom of movement directive. Whether Sweden will recognize that or not, I do not know. – phoog Oct 20 '18 at 21:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy