At the moment, I am on a research visa and my husband joined me at the beginning of the year on a family dependent visa. He found a job very soon (he is in the IT sector) as he is entitled to work while on a spouse dependent visa. My project is ending at the end of the year as well as my visa.

Is there the possibility of us changing the residence types while within Germany, my husband from dependent to his own work permit visa, and me from research to spouse dependent visa? Just to emphasize that he has an unlimited contract and the company wants to keep him.

  • Just go ask the local Bürgeramt? They might walk you through what need to be done in your specific case. – xji Oct 22 '18 at 20:55
  • Normally I already did that. But in some places die Ausländerbehörde are not so helpful...they said come on your appointment for visa prolongation and you will see if this is possible. This is so stupid since now three months I will not know anything until I go to the appointment....hence my question here if anybody had a similar situation? – user15994 Oct 22 '18 at 22:57
  • Which residence permit (paragraphs) do you have now? – Andrey Sapegin Nov 12 '18 at 15:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.