I am a citizen of Iran. I like to participate in some UK startup programs like this https://www.joinef.com. It's a 4 months program, that individuals can participate and find a co-founder to establish a new startup/company. So I think I must get a visitor visa(tourist visa), then change it to entrepreneur or startup visa.

If I am right, please let me know, can I change my tourist visa to entrepreneur visa or startup visa or any other work visa in England or I must come back to Iran and apply for new visa again?!

Thank you very much in advanced!

  • Have you checked the requirements for the Tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa? Do you meet them?
    – MJeffryes
    Commented Nov 2, 2018 at 14:54
  • @MJeffryes: I like to apply for graduate entrepreneur visa. And if I could get the fund in a incubation program I will apply for this visa! Commented Nov 2, 2018 at 16:08
  • @MJeffryes: As I mentioned in my question, I like to participate in startup programs, then if i could find some co-founders and get funded and decided to establish a company, I will change my visa to graduate entrepreneur visa. But I don't know is it possible inside the UK or not? If not, I think I must forget it. Commented Nov 2, 2018 at 16:18
  • @MJeffryes: you provided a very nice link in my other question that i deleted (gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/switch-to-this-visa), in the last line is written: a visitor who has been carrying out permitted activities as a prospective entrepreneur. So I think I can do what I liked to do, but I am not sure. May you explain more about this option if you know? BEST Regards. Commented Nov 2, 2018 at 16:33
  • 1
    @Hasini Presumably the startup programme you're applying to will know the answer to these questions. I think you will get better information by asking them. This is a specialised area of immigration law, and if you have access to >£50,000 in investment then you can presumably afford a solicitor.
    – MJeffryes
    Commented Nov 2, 2018 at 17:29


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.