I have changed my plans and I don't want to work in China. It is my probation period and I want to quit in 3 days. I did not get a residence permit and I came here on the 10th of October with a Z visa.

Can I leave the country if the duration of stay on this visa says 000 days, which means I am required to get the residence permit within 30 days after entry? What if I fail to get the residence permit and want to leave China within 30 days? Is it possible to leave the country?

  • Just make absolutely sure you follow the correct exit procedure for China otherwise you will denied a new VISA should you ever want to come back. Dec 2, 2019 at 2:59

1 Answer 1


You shouldn't have a problem leaving as long as it's within the 30 days.
It shouldn't matter why you did or didn't move forward with the expected job.
The Z visa just means you have the right to enter and look for work. Many Z visa holders enter with a job contract already, but I believe that's not strictly the meaning of the visa.

I would leave by the 29th day so there's no room for discussion.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.