Here is my situation:
- My father (US Citizen) has filed a family-based petition for me 2 years back after I was newly married.
- I now fall under Family Third Preference (F3): Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children.
- Now that I have an infant first-born (1 year old as of this writing), I would like to apply for B2 visa for him and my wife so that we could visit my parents on the coming holidays. We intend to stay for only 1 week (December 25 up to New Year).
- I have existing valid US B1/B2 Visa and have travelled to the US multiple times and have proven that I always returned home and never overstayed.
- My wife has solid work track record of more than 5 straight years (3 years in her first company and more than 2 years in her current company).
Does the petition raised by my father for me have any effect on the B2 Visa application if my wife and baby? I want to of course avoid refusal and am seeking advise what is the best course of action and answer to the consular officer if the question arises on my wife’s interview?
We want to prove that we only want to visit my parents for the holidays and we will never unlawfully overstay.