I am a British citizen of Spanish parents who is contemplating moving to Spain with my Thai wife and daughter so we can be closer to my parents.

I am in the middle of getting my daughter her British passport, but I am unsure if we will be able to live in Spain once the U.K. leaves the European Union.

What would we need to do to live legally in Spain?

  • 4
    With Spanish parents, do you have Spanish citizenship as well? – gnasher729 Nov 4 '18 at 16:45
  • 1
    The simplest solution is probably to be Spanish, but if you are truly certain that you are not, the next simplest would be to move to Spain before Brexit. Unfortunately, however, the details are still somewhat uncertain. – phoog Nov 4 '18 at 20:46
  • As a follow-on to gnasher's question, where were you born and how did you become a British citizen? – Peter Taylor Nov 10 '18 at 17:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.