Im applying for my daughter to come join me in March 2019. She was born in UK but had to travel back for a few months as her mother needed to be back home for some family matters (The mother has a T2 Dependant visa until May 2019).

Since they have left, I have moved into shared accommodation where I pay for only 1 room. I dont have any tenancy agreement in my name as I saw no reason to pay for a full house when I needed only 1 room for myself.

Now that I am filling her application, I am asked for a UK address where she will be staying.

What address should I give? Should I give my current UK address? But I dont have a tenancy agreement for this.

What are my options? I cant even go rent a house from now, just for the visa, that will be very expensive and wasteful 4 months rent pay.

I am sure many people would have faced a similar problem to mine. Please advise what to do.

Thank you

  • Are you planning to live with your daughter in only one room when she arrives?
    – Traveller
    Nov 11, 2018 at 22:22
  • My daughter will be traveling with her mother. I intend to get a 2 bedroom flat before they arrive, but that will be in March 2019. Sorry I should have clarified this in my question Nov 11, 2018 at 22:24
  • Is there anything preventing you from finding a new flat and agreeing the tenancy with effect from March?
    – Traveller
    Nov 11, 2018 at 22:29
  • Its too far ahead, no landlord is willing to hold a property for that long unless I start paying for it. The properties the landlord does have, he is not sure if they will be vacated by March Nov 11, 2018 at 22:38
  • 1
    @StuckInPhD A landlord with a tenant moving out in February may well be willing to sign a lease starting in March. Those may be rare, but they can exist.
    – gerrit
    Nov 12, 2018 at 14:33


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.