I'm a tech engineer and want to work in the US but I am struggling to get a work visa. I don't understand which visas I would be eligible for or how to obtain them.

  • 2
    Welcome Samiksha. Work permits for the US are never easy but how hard depends on where you are from, how high your education, how much work experience and more details. I will move your question to our brother site for Expatriates, but you should add details like your nationality and your education and experience.
    – Willeke
    Nov 23, 2018 at 9:53

1 Answer 1


First of all, you should have a U.S. or foreign equivalent bachelor degree.

Secondary,you need to find a sponsored employer in the U.S. who will file H1B visa on your behalf.

Once your petition got approved, you will be able to work in the U.S. up to 3 years, even immigrant based on your employment.

Luckily, your employment type is within STEM(science,technology,engineering, and mathematics) field, you will be more likely to get your visa approved than the others.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.