I have an F2 visa. I hold a Physical therapy (PT) bachelor from the outside USA. I contacted Tennesse board of Physical therapy to apply for a licence for PT. They send me the requirements which I fulfil except this item which I do not understand " Provide proof of legal authorization to reside and seek employment in the United States ". I contacted them to see if I am as F2 visa holder can still apply for a licence, they send me "I should submit notarized information indicating which category of non-U.S. citizenship applies to them and also provide two forms of government-issued documentation as proof of their ability to legally reside and work in the U.S". As per the form in this link: https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/health/healthprofboards/PH-41833.pdf Can I still apply and which non-U.S. category that matches me? is I am 7.b in the attached link? "b) A nonimmigrant applicant for a professional or commercial license whose visa for entry into the United States is related to such employment or a nonimmigrant under the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq.)." Also, I do not have a social security number, shall I leave it blank when applying my application?

migrated from law.stackexchange.com Dec 8 at 3:32

This question came from our site for legal professionals, students, and others with experience or interest in law.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.