Does a single speeding ticket (Drove 38 kmh in a 30 zone) and a parking fine affect NE application?


Driving 8km/h too fast in town is only a Ordnungswidrigkeit (misbehaviour), wrong parking, too.

They don't affect the Niederlassungserlaubnis application.

It is affected as soon a Verkehrsstraftat ("traffic crime") is involved. Some things which may be considered a Verkehrsstraftat by a judge are for example driving without license, driving while on drugs, hit&run, and failure to render assistance. Driving way too fast, or driving slightly too fast and causing a crash, or driving carelessly and causing a crash can also be considered a Verkehrsstraftat.

  • I was asking that because I don't have much of time cuz I will be faced with that situation expatriates.stackexchange.com/questions/15231/… And I would appriciate if u can provide me with any help. – ouba2 Dec 13 '18 at 7:24
  • Your statement "It is affected as soon as crime is involved" is not helpful. In legal terms, in England and Wales at least, a speeding ticket is a crime. (Parking ticket is much less likely to be.) You would be much better using the German word. (Which I would translate as "serious crime", or possibly "felony" - but that probably has too much baggage.) – Martin Bonner supports Monica Dec 14 '18 at 9:37
  • We aren't talking about England and Wales, and I gave examples what is considered a crime in traffic – Verkehrsstraftat – in Germany for that very reason. – Janka Dec 14 '18 at 12:59
  • @Janka - but you used the word crime. That is an English word, and in English it covers things like "speeding tickets" ... which is why the German word would be much better. – Martin Bonner supports Monica Dec 17 '18 at 10:05
  • @MartinBonner whether "crime" includes "speeding tickets" (or, more precisely, whether it includes "speeding") depends on the jurisdiction, not the language. The real reason it's better to use the German word is to avoid ambiguity that could be introduced by different possible translations of the same word. – phoog Dec 17 '18 at 16:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.