Is it possible to move from study visa for 3 years under tier 4 to to youth mobility if in the Commonwealth?

I should explain: I'm currently studying for 3 years in the UK following which I plan to switch to the youth mobility visa can I switch my visas in the country or do I have to leave?

  • You should also note that the youth mobility visa has nothing to do with the commonwealth. You should check whether your nationality is eligible.
    – MJeffryes
    Dec 15, 2018 at 13:43

1 Answer 1


It does not look like you can change the visa from Tier 4 to Tier 5 while in the UK. I am basing this statement on a University website, not an official government website. Cambridge has this web site which states:

Can I switch from Tier 4 inside the UK [to a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa]? No.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.