I’m non-EU, Egyptian, and my wife is British and we want move to the UK. We been officially married for 3 years and we moved to Malta 8 month ago. Now I have a resident card in Malta, valid for 5 years as a family permit of an EU citizen. I was just wondering if I still need to apply for a family permit to the UK from Malta, or can I just go to England and apply for the resident card there?


1 Answer 1


As the holder of an Article 10 card, you do not need an EEA family permit as long as you meet the criteria listed on the UK's page on the topic. So you can just go to England and apply for a residence card there.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.