One of the companies that I used to work for has been closed permanently and I face a challenge to obtain a proper reference letter from it to submit for Skill assessment. I have my reporting managers and other senior staff who can help me with details/letters but without company's letter head.

What are my options here? I have gained 2 years of experience in this company, and certainly leaving it out will effect my score.

Please help.

1 Answer 1


Having an experience letter on the company letterhead is not the only option. You can have a colleague (preferably a manager or senior employee), who was working with you, give an affidavit/undertaking stating that he was working with you and following are the duties you performed. An affidavit is a legal document that you get from a court. Along with the affidavit, you can supply salary slips (at least 3 - beginning, mid period and end) and the initial offer letter you received from the company. This should get you through the ACS assessment without any trouble. And this is not just a workaround, ACS itself recommends this if you can't get an official letter. Refer to page 14 of this document

  • having salary slips for the mentioned time frames can be difficult for me in this case.
    – SAM
    Jan 31, 2019 at 8:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.