I'm considering learning Spanish in a language school in Spain, but it would be after I entered the Schengen area for 90-days visa-free and stayed for a while.

So for example:

  • Enter the Schengen on 2019-03-01

  • Travel there until 2019-05-25

  • Move to Spain and start to attend school on 2019-05-26

However, I would like to apply for the visa within the Schengen for the sake of cost and time savings.

In this case,

  • Can I apply for the visa once I enter the Schengen as a visa-free traveler?
  • If yes, can I apply from other countries such as France?
  • If I can apply only in Spain, how many days will it take and what happens if the visa issuing date surpasses the 90 days limit?

This question is about the visa-free traveler and I'm a non-EU citizen.

  • 1
    Spain may require the visa application to be submitted in your country of residence. Jan 20 '19 at 15:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.