I am a Non-EU experienced Software Engineer, and I am planning to move to London for work. I do know that my two options are either Tier 2 or contract roles.

  1. For Tier 2: I am a Mid-Senior Software Engineer, and it is "Occupations in Shortage" list. How hard it is to get? Is it relatively easy to get Blue Card?

  2. For Contract: I recently heard from a recruiter that it is easier to have a contract role. Is that correct? Do I need lots of paperwork or establish an Umbrella company for that? Would you provide an official source of information for the contract roles?

Many thanks in advance,

  • Hi Hakan, can you please clarify what you mean when you say "Blue Card"? I'd assume something along the lines of a residence/work permit (judging from the term's use in EU, which the UK has opt out even before the Brexit process)?
    – B.Liu
    Jan 30 '19 at 9:53
  • @B.Liu, Thats right, EU BLue card is an EU Employment PErmit and not valid for UK.
    – Hakan
    Jan 30 '19 at 18:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.