There is an American in Manchester that has been stuck there for almost a year. He lives in the U.S. He has no proof of ID with him. What does he need to do to get a picture ID so he can get a plane ticket home?

  • What is his nationality? – Patricia Shanahan Jan 31 at 9:42
  • American. Born in Ohio – S Potts Jan 31 at 9:44
  • @S Potts What ID did he use to enter the UK? Has he contacted a US embassy in the UK for advice? – Traveller Jan 31 at 12:07
  • 1
    And please do not just answer in comments - update your question. – Jan Doggen Jan 31 at 12:12
  • 2
    Has this American asked you for any money? – mkennedy Feb 1 at 5:35

He should contact his embassy for a passport or an emergency passport. In the case of an American citizen, that would be:


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.