I am from Sri Lanka and I have received a 2 year work permit for Canada. Is it possible to get a long stay of visa of some kind for my dependent mother as well? The state is British Columbia.

  • 1
    Your mother can only get a regular visitor visa while you are on work permit. You can however sponsor or apply for a super visa if you become a permanent resident.
    – Dipen Shah
    Commented Feb 19, 2019 at 19:34
  • How long will this regular visitor visa will be valid for?
    – AnOldSoul
    Commented Feb 19, 2019 at 21:42
  • 1
    @mayooran How long does she plan to visit for? The maximum is 6 months, depending on the decision of the Border Services Officer at the port of entry canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/…
    – Traveller
    Commented Feb 19, 2019 at 22:42
  • @Traveller Since she’s old and alone, I would like to have her there on a longer stay. My employer said I can apply for PR after first day at work and assistance from my hiring manager. Do you know how long it would take for PR to arrive since applying?
    – AnOldSoul
    Commented Feb 20, 2019 at 6:35
  • @mayooran That’s a different question
    – Traveller
    Commented Feb 20, 2019 at 6:51


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.