The problem is the following. I need to change my driver's license photo, is there still a way to get it done online or I have to fly back to U.S? Can I send them a photo via email or something?


I searched online for "renew Texas drivers license." A list of results was presented, including this page from Texas DMV. Midway down the page, "Out of State Renewal" was discussed. Here's the information (copied-and-pasted) from that section:

To renew your TX driver's license by mail, download the Out-of-State or Out-of-Country Packet (Form DL-16P) and submit the documents included:

A completed:

  • Application for Out of State or Out of Country Renewal/Replacement/Change of Texas Driver License or Identification Card (Form DL-16). Include your Texas address.
  • Exemption Certification for Class A or B Non-CDL Supplement to Texas Driver License Application (Form CDL-2), if you are renewing a Class A or Class B driver's license.
  • Explanation for Eye Specialist (Form DL-63), if your last renewal wasn't done in person.
  • Payment for your renewal fee. (See the Renewal Fees in TX section below.)

The page refers to Form DL-16, which is easily downloaded or viewed. This form contains further info about out of state renewal: for example, the applicant must have their "true, fixed, and permanent home (domicile)" in Texas.

However, license photographs are not mentioned, and no provision appears for submitting a new one. That indicates that Texas uses only the photographs taken at Texas DMV offices, and no others.

Thus, the only way to obtain a new drivers license photograph is to personally appear at a Texas DMV office.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.