So I come from a country where I see from time to time students using bookholders in the classroom during lectures especially during studying.


In college in the US I rarely saw these kinds of things being used, but I might be wrong -- are these widely used in the US?

closed as off-topic by MJeffryes, David, Giorgio, Jan Doggen, Dipen Shah Mar 4 at 13:03

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question does not appear to be about expatriates, within the scope defined in the help center." – MJeffryes, David, Giorgio, Jan Doggen, Dipen Shah
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


Bookstands like those illustrated in the Amazon link are quite uncommon in US collegiate libraries. Not unknown, but it is indeed unusual to see them.

Source: my observations from my own college and professional school experience to visiting my two kids' schools (collegiate and graduate level) when they attended.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.