I want to apply for a work permit in Portugal. Currently I’m staying in another Schengen country (Latvia). What is the procedure and requirements for applying Portugal work permit?
If you are a highly qualified professional, without Visa:
The application for residence title or EU Blue Card should be scheduled (via an electronic platform – to be implemented for holders of residence visas) and submitted personally on a standard form signed by the applicant or his/her legal representative. The application may be submitted at any SEF’s directorate or regional delegation, which, after proceedings and decision, will forward it to the directorate or regional delegation of the applicant’s area of residence. Necessary documentation as follows:
- Two recent, identical photographs, in colour with blank background, and easily identifiable (only for appointments at Odivelas, Aveiro or Braga SEF bureau)
- Passport or any other valid travel document Valid residence permit issued under article 61 of REPSAE, except in applications submitted under nº. 2 of article 90;
- Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence, as per the provisions of Order Number 1563/2007, of 11/12
- Evidence that the applicant has adequate accommodation
- Permission for checking criminal records (except people under 16 years old)
Resident permit for highly qualified activity:
Contract of employment or of services compatible with the highly qualified activity
Invitation letter issued by the teaching institution or statement of responsibility issued by certified company according to the decree order of the members of the government
Source: SEF - Work in Portugal
Helo. I. Am. Moshin. Rinto. I. Work. In. Saudi. Arabia. 27.years.