My spouse is currently working in France on a talent visa (a.k.a. "talent passport"). Specifically it's a “passeport talent” “chercheur” (Scientist/researcher)" and valid for multiple years (https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas/international-talents-and-economic-attractiveness).

It's been very hard to find the process for me to apply for the dependent visa there. The only information I found was here: https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas/family-of-foreign-national-residing-in-france which states "The “accompanying family” exemption facility is reserved for certain categories of people (e.g. family members of qualified workers and scientists)." Not really sure what this means.

Does anyone know the process for applying for this, within the US? I have a rough idea of the process: e.g. apply to VFS and submit relevant documents in person, then get the visa and enter France and apply for the resident card within first three months. But I wasn't able to find anything concrete w.r.t. documents I need to submit, the validity of the visa etc?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.